evolution bogofilter again

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:13:03 UTC 2007

OK, for around a year i have been trying to get my head round this.  I
think this is the solution, could someone confirm (Ime using Edgy
which was upgraded from Dapper).

1) install bogofilter
2) Check bogofilter as a plugin for evolution (and make sure
spamassasin is not checked)
3) tell bogofilter about at least one message that is not spam.

And that should be all that is needed.  I.e. you don't need to create
any special filters in evolution or configure anything else.

My question is what is the easiest way of doing 3.

I have come across

bogofilter -n < saved-ham-message

But do not know exactly how to create saved-ham-message?

I want to turn this into a newbe howto on the wiki.  Currently all
there is is https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToEnableSpamFilteringInEvolution
whitch states bogofilter does not work;)

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Brussels, Belgium & Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use