Openoffice.org Address data source

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Sun Mar 18 23:44:13 UTC 2007

On 03/18/2007 02:02 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 03/18/2007 01:36 PM, Andis Lazdinsh wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I tried to install Mozilla Thunderbird as Openoffice.org 2.1 data source
>> using build in Wizard, but the only visible data source I can see in
>> wizard is Other external data source.
>> I uninstalled Evolution and all it's components before, so this is the
>> reason why Evolution address book is not available as data source.
>> What can be the reasons why Thunderbird address book is not available
>> for openoffice.org and what to to solve this problem?
>>
>> Andis
>>

> OOo 2.1 installed from Openoffice.org files directly (install on Dapper)
> has:
> File|Templates|Address Book Source|  Administrate button
> - Evolution
> - Groupwise
> - Evolution LDAP
> - Mozilla / Netscape
> - Thunderbird
> - KDE address book
> - LDAP address book
> - Other external data source
>
> What does your's show?
>
> Interesting...
> OOo 2.2 (Ubuntu'ized Feisty version) only shows:
> - Evolution
> - Groupwise
> - Evolution LDAP
> - Other external data source

Just finished installing the official OOo 2.2(rc3) (non-Ubuntu'ized
version) on Ubuntu Dapper and the results are exactly the same as the
OOo 2.1:

File|Templates|Address Book Source|  Administrate button
- Evolution
- Groupwise
- Evolution LDAP
- Mozilla / Netscape
- Thunderbird
- KDE address book
- LDAP address book
- Other external data source

I wonder why the Ubuntu version is missing:
- Mozilla / Netscape
- Thunderbird
- KDE address book
- LDAP address book

Can anyone advise? If not I'll file a bug.