[Feisty] Normal ways to kill xserver don't work

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 17 23:42:07 UTC 2007

Hi

On 17/03/07, Ari Torhamo <ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi> wrote:
> killall x                       -"no processes stopped"
ps and grep inform me that on my running system (which definitely has
X running,) that there is no process named X or x. There is an Xorg
processes.

Maybe you should try:
killall Xorg
?

(Not entirely sure what affect this will have, but might be worth a shot).

I know you said you did killall on xorg, but killall is case-sensitive
(I tested it on yes). Probably due to the fact that xorg and Xorg
would technically be different programs.

Andy

--
First they ignore you
then they laugh at you