GAIM issues.

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at
Sat Mar 17 07:32:40 UTC 2007

If I have my IRC account enabled in GAIM, up pops the usual windows,
then CPU shoots to 100% with GAIM sitting happily at the top and the
user interface for it freezes.  Forever.  If I want to see my regular
chats at all, I have to kill GAIM, hand-edit the accounts to get rid of
IRC and start it up again.

What is going on?  And was there an "upgrade" of GAIM recently because
this is *VERY* new behaviour.

Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at> (GoogleTalk:
ttmrichter at
It's OK to figure out murder mysteries, but you shouldn't need to figure
out code. You should be able to read it. (Steve McConnell)