Digikam and My Digital Cam

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Fri Mar 16 10:28:44 UTC 2007

Hi All,

My Ubuntu Edgy box was running slow, so I re-formated and re installed from
scratch.

Before the re-formating I used my Canon A520 (A.K.A. IXUS 50 (connected to
USB) with Digikam - no problem.

Since the fresh installation I get two problems:

When I connect the camera I hear a beep from the computer's internal speaker
and Digikam claims the camera isn't connected.

When I remove the camera from the list and click the "Auto detect" button it
finds the camera but when I choose it from the Camera menu it claims the
camera is not connected or turned off.

What's wrong? Do I have to install something that isn't installed?

Thanks!

--

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746