Upgrade or Re-install - Edgy to Feisty

Anthony M Simonelli a.simonelli at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 16 08:28:49 UTC 2007

I'm running LTSP 5 / Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy on a HP Proliant server at work
for about 5 users (in the process of adding more).  I'm wondering the
following:

-  Will it be very difficult to upgrade from Edgy to Feisty when Feisty
is released?
-  Should I wait about a month before upgrading to make sure there are
no bugs in the upgrade process?
-  Will I have to upgrade the entire system and the Chroot environment
as well?
-  Will it be easier to backup everyone's home directory and re-install?
-  Will I get all of the changes in Feisty EXACTLY like I'd installed a
fresh copy?  (i.e. Gnome Control Center)
--
Anthony M Simonelli <a.simonelli at sbcglobal.net>