New Ubuntu web page. Can't find Hoary...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Mar 16 03:33:04 UTC 2007

Gilles Gravier <Gilles at Gravier.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Seems that since the last time I was on the Ubuntu site, the whole site
> changed.

Yeah... they put the now version on-line a few hours ago, much
preferred the old one though, the one looks too "corporate", not as
welcoming as before. But maybe it's just me ;-)

> I can't find the link to download the test versions of the
> upcomming release.
> Anybody have a direct URL?
> Anybody have a path of clicks that will take the curious tester from the
> front page to where alpha version can be downloaded?

You mean Feisty, not Hoary, I presume ? Hoary is not in development
anymore, it was released 2 years ago !!! ;o)

> Why have made it so obscure now?

Hmm, I don't think it's any more obscure than before. I mean even the
old site, there was not any link to the development version,
AFAICR ! ;o)

The URL is still the same, as ever:
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/

You will find anything you might need in there about Feisty.
The desktop CD is in the "daily-live" directory.
The "Daily" directory contains the "alternate" (text installer) CD.
And the "DVD" directory folder hosts, well, you guessed it ;-).

In the "Releases" directory, you will find all (supported) previous
releases of Ubuntu (even Hoary if you really want it, but be quick,
it's nearing EOL ! ;-), and also all milestone images of Feisty ("Herd"
snapshots).

--
Vince