Problems with Sudo

Arthur H. Johnson II arthur at johnsonfamilymi.us
Thu Mar 15 03:45:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 23:38 -0400, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:
> I only allow a particular user to ssh to my home machine, lets call him
> remoteuser.  Once I log in as remoteuser, I switch to localuser.  Once
> I'm the localuser, I can't run sudo.  If I log into the console as
> "localuser" I can use sudo just fine.
>
> Is there an option that needs to be adjusted in /etc/sudoers that will
> allow me to switch users?

What I mean by I can't run sudo when I ssh in as the remote user and
switch to the local user, is that sudo asks me for my password, but
keeps saying authentication failure, even thou when logged in via the
console, or if I ssh directly in as local user, I can authenticate via
sudo without problems.

--
Arthur H. Johnson II <arthur at johnsonfamilymi.us>