Feisty Upgrade

John Graddy jwgraddy at valornet.com
Wed Mar 14 18:33:01 UTC 2007

The latest upgrade evidently introducd a CUPS error.  After the upgrade
I no longer have any printers available.

I got the following:

Setting up poppler-utils (0.5.4-0ubuntu6) ...

Setting up cupsys (1.2.8-0ubuntu5) ...

* Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd cupsd: Child exited with
status 2!

invoke-rc.d: initscript cupsys, action "start" failed.

dpkg: error processing cupsys (--configure):

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

Setting up deskbar-applet (2.18.0-0ubuntu1) ...

Setting up libpanel-applet2-0 (2.18.0-0ubuntu2) ...

Setting up gnome-panel-data (2.18.0-0ubuntu2) ...

desktop configuration

Setting up gnome-panel (2.18.0-0ubuntu2) ...

cupsys

A package failed to install. Trying to recover:

Setting up cupsys (1.2.8-0ubuntu5) ...

* Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd cupsd: Child exited with
status 2!

invoke-rc.d: initscript cupsys, action "start" failed.

dpkg: error processing cupsys (--configure):

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2

cupsys

Any help would be appreciated.  I have "googled" everything that I can
think of without coming up with a solution.

John