ALT+F2 (Run command) takes ages to write a program name

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:19:13 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, Luca Manganelli <luca76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/14/07, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > open a terminal and check with the free command if you have swapspace
> > enabled, sounds very much like your system runs out of memory
>
> I wrote this in a old mail:
>

> trap at dell:~$ free -m
>             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
> Mem:           503        401        102          0          1        202
> -/+ buffers/cache:        196        307
> Swap:          807          0        807

Interesting (well, relatively!). Do you get the same behaviour exhibited
when you start up a new shell from your desktop?

Dees Alt+F2 process any .login/.profile/.bashrc or the like when it opens
up? I'm not got access to an Ubuntu machine from my current location to
check...

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...