Go vote for Ubuntu at the REAL Dell site

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Mar 14 05:27:48 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> > Ubuntu seems to be the choice of new users. I myself doesn't look back
> > to other distribution since It's not convenient to download 6 ISO, go
> > to store, grab some blank CD's, burn it, install it for 2 hours and
> > get the same Gnome desktop. (with too much K prefixed applications.)
>
> I don't know what you're talking about.  I installed Kubuntu from a
> single CD.

I think you misunderstood him. I think he doesn't like KDE, and was
pleased (as I am), that unlike most distro, Ubuntu gives you a clean,
uncluttered, 100% Gnome desktop, without an ounce of KDE stuff.
He also didn't complain about Ubuntu being difficult to install, but
quite the opposite, that it was a pleasant experience, by contrast to
the other distros that need multiple CD's.
Let's all take the time to read each other properly before getting
over excited ;-)

--
Vince