[Problem Found] Re: [Feisty] Today's updates (2.6.20-10) killed my nic

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Tue Mar 13 23:42:31 UTC 2007

On 03/13/2007 03:32 PM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 15:01 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>>

>> I think I found the problem; the new 0.6.4-6ubuntu3 network-manager
>> updates appear to be the culprit.
>

> Please file a bug in launchpad, it will be lost here on the list
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/bugs/+package

Filed:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/92085

Network-manager seems to be the cause of a lot of complaints on the
Ubuntu forums and lists, perhaps it should not be bundled in with the
ubuntu-desktop meta package, and instead be an optional install. It
seems that more & more stuff is being bundled into Feisty... what ever
happened to "roll your own"?