GUI replacement for mutt

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Mar 13 19:05:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 08:45:52PM +0100, Felix 'buebo' Kakrow wrote:
> at the moment I'm using mutt for my mails and mostly it's a blast, but
> there are some things that anoy me, so I feel like giving a graphical
> program a shot again.

I've tried that three times, and ran back to Mutt every time. :)

Sylpheed was the GUI mail client that came closest to replace Mutt for
me.  (Not Claws; while it has more features, it's not as pretty, and
those features clutter the user interface in a way that makes me think
of KDE rather than GNOME.)

> It should use a existing Maildir-Structure, play nice with procmail and
> spamprobe and have some macro captabilities. Good PGP/GnuPG
> Integration is a must and last but not least I would prefer GTK over QT.

I don't remember if Sylpheed supports Maildirs.  I used it over IMAP
(dovecot), with procmail + spambayes/spamassassin on the server side.
It supports GPG, has a Mutt-compatible keybindings theme, uses Gtk.

Marius Gedminas
--
Computo, ergo sum.
		-- Curt Suplee