Linux en Dells

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Mar 13 16:02:24 UTC 2007

"Edward Craig" <epcraig at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many Thanks, fun survey.

Yes, it's marvelous from Dell, I just took their survey as well, let's
cross fingers.
I am just a little annoyed that the survey runs for only 10 days !

> Couldn't resist suggesting Debian to them, though.

Hmm, the point of the survey is to see if one distro stands out. and if
not, there will be no Linux at all. Voting for Debian, will only blur
the message, which will result in no Linux at all, rather than Debian,
so it's rather counter productive... irresponsible if I may say :-/
If we want Linux on consumer machines than we must use this survey to
stand behind what we feel is the leading (and most promising in the
future) distro, rather than our personal taste, so as to maximize the
chances that this distro will emerge in the survey statistics, so that
Dell doens't give up in Linux due to a lack of clear message from the
users. Lucky for us, the leading distro also happens to be the one we
prefer, Ubuntu, but I take this survey more seriously than that, and
even if I were a fan of some obscure distro, I would still vote for
Ubuntu ! IMHO this survey is an incredible chance, it must be used
strategically, and not taken lightly !

Having said that, let's all go and vote now ;o)

--
Vince