Desktop wont restart

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Tue Mar 13 14:55:59 UTC 2007

03132007 0951 GMT-6 DST

Day before last Evolution hung and I couldnt get it to quit and my
entire system just stalled. Then the power went out. When I finally got
everything back up, it took about five minutes for the desktop to come
up.

I had a similar problem this morning. I loaded some songs on to my mp3
and the browser window unexpectedly crashed. The desktop went away -
none of my apps were responding. I finally got them all closed and I
rebooted.

It took 15 minutes for the desktop background to show up after reboot.
The desktop icons are still missing, though when I go into File Browser
and into Desktop I can still see everything is there.

What can I do about this?

wade