No sound after upgrade to 2.6.17-11-generic

Ankur Jain ankurj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 07:41:49 UTC 2007

Hi

I upgraded my kernel from 2.6.17-10-generic to 2.6.17-11-generic, but after
the installation there is no sound output from my system.

I checked & verified that sound card, alsa, drivers are all installed, also
verified the alsamixer sound settings, everything is fine, but no sound.

Now, even if I boot to 2.6.17-10-generic kernel, there is no sound. On
Windows, it's working fine (I mean no hardware error). My sound card is
Nvidia Nforce2 based AC97.

Please someone help.

--
Regards