Making .deb's

Steven Pasternak stevenp500 at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 11 00:22:09 UTC 2007

Hi! I have been using Ubuntu for a few months now, and it is great. I
came from most of the big RPM distros (Fedora/Redhat,SuSE,Mandrake), and
used rpm to compile and install stuff. I finally figured out how to get
checkinstall to build .debs, but I can't figure out how to get the
debian equivalent of a Source RPM, with the ./configure options. I do
know how to use apt-get build-dep, etc., just not how the source is
configured in the deb's already downloaded. If anyone knows how to find
it, your help would be greatly appreciated.
-Steven