JPilot sync

Felipe Figueiredo philsf at ufrj.br
Sat Mar 10 21:28:39 UTC 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 00:58:26 Brandon Blackwell wrote:
> Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> > I have Jpilot configured to sync on /dev/ttyUSB1,
> but I can't get it to
> > connect to my palm pilot.
> >
> > Can anyone think of something that might be wrong?
> >
> > ---Michael
> >

> I always have to start it on the palm first and then
> click hot sync
> twice in jpilot. And are you sure that your palm is
> connecting on
> /dev/ttyUSB1. I suppose you did look in messages and
> used the second
> entry for the palm converter.

Me too. Also you should use the link /dev/pilot which is probably
pre-configured in udev to appear once the ttyUSBn appear.

Sometimes when programs crash, or when hotsync goes wrong, the
devices /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 don't get removed right away. I guess
it also happens in the event of a Palm crash upon hotsync (none of the above
scenario is common for me, although it happened a couple of times last month
or so).

If you just use /dev/pilot, it will always get linked to the latest ttyUSBn
available.

regards
FF