cups: lpd support broken?

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Fri Mar 9 12:14:55 UTC 2007

Folks;

being on Feisty, by today I found out that printing to our office
machine (which is a remote LPD host) doesn't work anymore. Trying to
modify printer configuration using the local cups manager finally tells
me that "lpd:// .../" (the URL configured and working before with right
this printer) is invalid and not allowed. Is there something broken in
Feisty cups right now? Or am I just too stupid?

TIA and bye,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/