how to install a package from fiesty fawn in Edgy

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:03:34 UTC 2007

Jeffrey F. Bloss wrote:

> If you've done this (and run 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' or
> something similar), then you should already be running 1.3.2 beta.
> That's the whole point of adding the backports repository above,
> and that is the version that's in that repository. If you can't see it
> then there's something amiss.

Correction: I did not have backports active in the sources.list file. I
must have commented it out some days back. I reincluded backports and
updated the system. Audacity remained at the same version, there is no
1.3.2 beta available in edgy backports, or so it seems.

How do you know audacity 1.3.2 beta should be in backports? Or, how do I
find what version of a package is in a particular repo in general?

->HS