mysql stupidity

Eelco c.atsquotl at home.nl
Thu Mar 8 16:46:27 UTC 2007

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

> > Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> > same error with my name in there.
> >
> > I've tried reinstalling mysql but that did not help.
> >
> > any ideas?
>
>     Assuming there's no sacred data (and there's a workaround, if so)
> did you try the remove-with-purge?  I've not had to try it, but I think
> that'd work- it removes various config files and things.
Alas no luck..
I've tried the suggestions on the mysql page also.

If I start mysqld with the skip grant tables option i can login once.
I can't seem to create a user then...
as soon as i exit mysql I can't get in again without stopping and
starting the mysqld process..

it seems to me that somehow i told mysql not to allow anyone..see error
above..

eelco