One login for multiple machines

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:00:04 UTC 2007

I am setting up a lab, and proposing to have dual boot, ubuntu and
MSXP. For Ubuntu bases setup, I want student should able to sit on any
machine, get authenticated from remote server (thus not need to create
user on every machine), gets his home directory served from some
server, able to run applications from local machine with data accessed
and stored from his remote home directory.

May you suggest me what need to be installed on Server, and how client
need to be configured (may be with some additional softwares.)

Simple advise and pointer to article, howto or tutorial will be more
than enough.

Thanks in advance,

--
H.S.Rai