how to install a package from fiesty fawn in Edgy

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:43:25 UTC 2007

Alan Pope wrote:

> Feisty doesn't have 1.3.2, it has 1.2.6.

:(

> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=audacity&searchon=names&subword=1&version=unstable&release=all
>
> Debian unstable has 1.3.2, you could *try* and install the deb from there..
>
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/audacity/audacity_1.3.2-1_i386.deb
>
> But everything I said previously still stands.

I understand. I might give 1.2.6 shot.

I was actually working with the assumption that we could have
APT::Default-Release "edgy";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf and then add feisty mirrors to sources.list. This
way, I would still be updating and upgrading edgy but I could then
install a package from feisty using:
$> apt-get -t feisty install <package name>

I tried this, but the apt command then gives some error which says
something like "junk at the end of file" (apt.conf's end).

Anybody tried this method before?

->HS