[ILUG-BOM] Re: Motherboard conked.Suggestions for a new mobo/processor

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:31:46 UTC 2007

On 3/7/07, िऩऩाद <freeninad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Finally I have a C2d E6300 and intel dg965ry mobo with 2 100gb SATA hdd.
> After assembling this I came to know that the dg965ry is not supported by
> the linux kernel.
> I have to wait for a new release of the kernel to be included in some
> distro.
>
> Any other pointers to this problem are welcome
> I virtualization a temporary solution..

I've just, in the last couple of weeks, assembled a server with
exactly this motherboard. The part that doesn't work with Feisty (the
latest version of Ubuntu due out in mid-April) is the IDE portion. The
SATA drives, video and networking all work perfectly. The way I got
around it was to plug my CD drive into a USB port and install from
there. That wasn't too hard. I bought a very cheap enclosure for my
(IDE) Lite-On CD/DVDWriter.

If you're willing to wait a few weeks and put up with an external CD
drive, the DG965RY will work fine with Feisty.

-Eamonn