How to erase Linux?

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Wed Mar 7 07:34:19 UTC 2007

Anton Hofmann wrote:
> This harddisc-oven looks more like a fake, theres a big mark on it
> "Pizza Profi", so i think its a normal pizza-oven.

Even so, as long as you heat the disk well above its Curie-temperature
(and apply a strong magnetic field to the box while cooling down) data
should be lost forever. Not even an AFM or similar device may have a
chance then.

By the way, does anyone know how long it would take to scan a full
platter by AFM? I guess SEM would be mcuh faster but still would take a
long time.

Carsten