Scanners

Darryl LeCount darryl at jamyskis.net
Tue Mar 6 21:23:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:10 -0600, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> My old scanner bit the dust. Can anyone suggest a (low-end) scanner that's
> going to work well with Ubuntu / Kubuntu?
>
> tia
> ---Michael
>
> --
> Get Microsoft Vista. You don't think *YOU* own your computer, do you?
> http://www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?cms=blog:20070124

My Hewlett-Packard All-in-One PSC 1350 works brilliantly with Ubuntu -
detects it automatically (assuming it's switched during installation,
otherwise it's just a case of going to Printers and selecting New
Printer, where it will detect it automatically) and installs the printer
and scanner drivers easily enough. Print-out quality is top-notch and
scanner quality is pretty good too.

Unfortunately I can't say if they're still available brand new, but
scanning around on Ebay quickly suggests you may be able to get a decent
one for 40-50 € (about $50-60). I think HP are now offering a more
recent model of the PSC (Printer-Scanner-Copier) series which I would
suggest is the same if not even better for around 80€ new.

-- D

--
Darryl LeCount
www.jamyskis.net