Dell Inspiron 6000 with Logitech V270 Bluetooth Mouse

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Mon Mar 5 13:17:50 UTC 2007

Bluetooth mice are a BAD IDEA.

Bluetooth uses a lot more energy than proprietary mouse wireless techno.
So they put the link on "power save" as soon as there is no activity on
the mouse. The problem is that in order to re-enable the link when mouse
moves again, the mouse needs to re-establish a key-pair with the dongle
to work... this takes time.

Don't use bluetooth for mice. Keyboards is OK... Mice is bad.

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*