Dapper on PC104

Duncan Lithgow dlithgow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:55:43 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 15:38 -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>     Has anyone here had PC104-type experience?  Do ya think Dapper would
> run on a 486 with 32M of RAM? (Those are the cheapest cards I can find.)
Maybe, but it wouldn't be nice - you should be looking at mini distros
for that kinda hardware - why have something heavy and slow on minimal
hardware? It could run a mini distro very nicely, and I hear that the
enlightenment desktop is designed to look cool with minimal RAM.

Here's a short list I found:
http://www.linuxlinks.com/Distributions/Mini_Distributions/

Duncan