swap partition won't mount

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sun Mar 4 19:23:23 UTC 2007

Alex Janssen said the following on 03/04/2007 01:45 PM:
> Hello to all,
>
> Some time back I remember noticing that my swap partition was not being
> mounted anymore.  This started after some update had occured.  I've read
> the mkswap and swapon manual pages,  checked that the UUID link in
> /dev/disk/by-uuid is also in fstab and pointing to the proper partition,
> /dev/hdc6 in my case.

Well, as usual, I jumped to ask the list before finishing my own
research.  I finally found the SwapFAQ at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwapFaq?highlight=%28swapon%29 and
followed the instructions under trouble shooting to delete the swap
partition and recreate it.  It works!  Maybe someone could give us a
hint as to why this would have failed and why this fix works when the
system seemd to be setup properly already? Well, maybe this post will
help someone else.

Regards to all,
Alex

--