Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sun Mar 4 18:09:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 12:49 -0500, Erik Schmidt wrote:
> can anyone explain/point me to someone who can explain how to install a
> driver/use the bcm4318 wireless card built in to my iBook G4?
> I am using edgy

$ sudo apt-get install bcm43xx-fwcutter
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure bcm43xx-fwcutter
(select "yes" when asked if you want to download the firmware)
$ sudo reboot

When the machine comes back up, you should be able to use wireless on, I
think, eth1. It should also work with network manager, if you have that

Bear in mind there is a problem with the bcm43xx drivers on edgy:

Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>