Evolution recovery help

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Sun Mar 4 03:44:42 UTC 2007

On 03/03/2007 03:34 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> 03032007 1730 GMT-6
>
> Ok. Thanks to NoOp I have Evolution started again.
> It will start. It shows my email.
> I moved file by file my preferences.
> However, I get an error - Could not connect to local host - connection
> refused.
>
> I checked the password and the settings and I dont see anything wrong.
>
> Ideas?

Yes. Check your hosts file in /etc/hosts

gksu gedit /etc/hosts

Make sure that the _1st_ line in the file is:

127.0.0.1 localhost

After that line you can add your machine host, example:
127.0.0.1 localhost machinename
(the same one you see right after the amperstand "@" when you bring up a
standard command line terminal; username at machinename:~$
then if you have a fixed IP, enter the IP of the machine:
192.168.2.100 machinename

example:
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost machinename
192.168.2.100 machinename

Anything beyond that is pretty much up to you.

You might also want to recheck your System|Administration|Network
settings as well.