QT looking like GTK

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Mar 4 02:06:39 UTC 2007

Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at mikefedyk.com> wrote:
> Seriously, a standardi(z|s)ed theme system would be a Good Thing.

Yeah, I would love that too !
For example I love many of the window themes from the xfce desktop
environment, mostly the old Mac "Platinum" one, but I can't use them in
gnome because the themes are not compatible ! Grrr !! :o(
I tried replacing metacity by xfwm in Gnome, which mostly works, but
not 100%, so in practice I can't really use it in fact ! :o(((
So if there was some kind of standard to guarantee 100%
interoperability/compatibility between desktop environments, that would
be awesome indeed !

--
Vince, frustrated to see a nice theme he can't use :o(