Feisty with Gnome 2.17.92 ?!

Duncan Lithgow dlithgow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 22:32:27 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 22:11 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > I don't know why and I'm pretty sure it's wrong. I'm pretty sure that I
> > was running Gnome 2.20 something.
>
> Then yo have a time machine ! How much would you charge to give me the
> winning numbers fore the lottery, for next 20 years ?! ;o)
Sadly my time travel sounds like it was just a dream! Shall I tell you
about my vision of gnome 2.20?
* Xorg and Compiz work together to create a 3D desktop environment which
makes VR gaming feel dull!
* KDE and Gnome have adopted a shared standard so all KDE software looks
Gnome on the Gnome desktop!
* Voice recognition is built into the Desktop so you can just say which
app you want, or who you want to send an email to!
* Spam filtering is (finally) built into Evolution!
* The 'Games' menu has a default selection by 'best of genre', instead
of 'best of 1980-2000'

Ah! Bliss!

> Gnome 2.20 is impossible. Openoffice 2.0 is also I think impossible
> since it doesn't exist in the Feisty repository.
As someone said it says both 2.0 and 2.1 on the About page, so I guess
this is 2.1 after all. It's pretty unstable :(

Thanks for the reality check folks.

Duncan