loss of restart and shutdown options in exit menu

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Fri Mar 2 23:43:22 UTC 2007

On 03/02/2007 11:19 AM, Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
> Jared Menke wrote:
>> Gabe,
>>
>> I've noticed that you'll loose the shutdown/restart options if you're
>> using kdm instead of gdm in Gnome and vice versa in KDE.
>>

> Hi, thanks for the pointer, in my case though I haven't got KDM
> installed, and have never messed around with it. I don't think I even
> have any kde stuff installed :( Almost wish I did, at least then I might
> know how to solve this!

This appears to be associated with the gnome-session manager.
System|Preferences|Sessions "Ask on logout" seems to be the bit that
controls asking the options questions. If un-ticked your session will
close without asking anything.

In Configuration Editor (gconf-editor 2.14.0), I find that the key is:
/apps/gnome-session/options/logout_option

Perhaps that will give you someplace to look.

I've had this happen in the past, can't remember exactly how I fixed it
but may have just reinstalled gnome-session.