Thunderbird IMAP setup help requested

NoOp glgxg at
Fri Mar 2 22:42:45 UTC 2007

On 03/02/2007 11:41 AM, Wade Smart wrote:
> 03022007 1336 GMT-6
> I was reading the thread about Evolution, I had not yet updated, (the update
> is still at the top of my screen), and Evolution crashed anyway. It wont
> restart or anything. So, I thought this would be a good time to switch back
> to Thunderbird - but I need some help.
> This is my mail setup:
> fetch mail gets mail from two servers and deposits it on my computer
> dovecot is installed.
> maildir = /home/wadesmart/Maildir
> I installed Thunderbird. Under the Advanced tap I input the maildir
> location.
> I cannot see the mail present on my system.
> wade

For Thunderbird, probably a better forum would be:

Or for their forums:

Not trying to tell you to go away, I just think that you'll find more
experienced "Thunderbird" folks there :-)

Regarding Evolution; this is what was broken (libnss3 path):
> Ubuntu Security Notice USN-428-2             March 02, 2007
> firefox regression
> A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases:
> Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
> This advisory also applies to the corresponding versions of
> Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Xubuntu.
> The problem can be corrected by upgrading your system to the
> following package versions:
> Ubuntu 6.06 LTS:
>   firefox                                  1.5.dfsg+
>   libnspr4                                 1.5.dfsg+
>   libnss3                                  1.5.dfsg+
> After a standard system upgrade you need to restart Firefox to effect
> the necessary changes.
> Details follow:
> USN-428-1 fixed vulnerabilities in Firefox 1.5.  However, changes to
> library paths caused applications depending on libnss3 to fail to start
> up.  This update fixes the problem.
> We apologize for the inconvenience.

You might also want to have a look at:
[section 3 General Questions]
plus you can always try reinstalling Evolution & see if that helps.