Azureus info (was Re: Here is Herd5)

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 2 21:02:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:40:34 +0100
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > The Ubuntu BT client is OK , but personally I get the best results with
> > Azureus,  or the CLI client "rtorrent".  Azureus also supplies a lot of
> > information in its GUI - which for curious people like me is
> > interesting ;-)
>
> Yeah, I am curious too, so I just installed Azureus from Synpatic but..
> it crashed on startup ! :o(
>
> Never mind...

Are you using Sun Java ? Azureus likes to run on Sun Java...

Personally I have updated to the latest Azureus from
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

Installing it is just a matter of untarring it somewhere sensible - if you
put it in your home directory it will grab future updates automatically for
you ( say put it in ~/bin , and make a launcher for it on your desktop or
panel, whichever you prefer )

This doesn't interfere with the packaging system, since uninstalling it is
simply a matter of deleting the "azureus" directory it creates. You would
run it as ~/bin/azureus/azureus , for example, although where you decide to
put it is up to you, of course.

Lots of info on
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Peter