sun-java6

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 1 05:08:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 17:09 +1300, Paul Thompson wrote:
> No it is not just you. It is so but I do not know how you would get
> Java5 now excepting directly from Sun's site.

Not true.

java 5 is in the main edgy repository.  java 6 is in the edgy-backports
repository.

So you can do
	sudo apt-get install sun-java5-jre sun-java6-jre
and have both installed:

tim at marvin:~$ apt-cache policy sun-java5-jre sun-java6-jre
sun-java5-jre:
  Installed: 1.5.0-08-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1.5.0-08-0ubuntu1
  Version table: