Printing to PDF

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 29 20:20:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
<vxburg-pur at yahoo.com> wrote:

VPC> Try cliping the document into OO and then print from there.
VPC> Vic
VPC>
VPC> Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote: I have wanted to be
VPC> able to print a web page to a multipage pdf file.  I  know if I
VPC> have a document open in Open Office, I can directly generate a
VPC> PDF, but I have been unable to find a way to do so from Firefox.
VPC> Anyone  have any insights they'd care to share?

It appears that firefox's handing of printer queues is pretty clueless
(on both sytems I'm logged into right now it just has
"postscript/default" available despite there being at least half a dozen
queues on each). However Konqueror picks up the list and also the
"pseudo-queues" one of which is "Print to PDF file" -- which I suspect
does what you want.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |