About at the end of my tether with my webcam

Darryl LeCount darryl at jamyskis.net
Fri Jun 29 18:49:51 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> it looks like your /dev/video0 is owned by root. Could you give us the
> result of ls -l /dev/video0 ?
>
> It that case you may use chown to grab the /etc/video0 device
>
> G.

Hi Gerard,

The /dev/video0 is indeed owned by root, but this is meant to be.
Allowing a chmod 777 (which does the same thing as chowning to the
current user) is a security risk and chowning the /dev/video0 (which
didn't do anything) to me only means that no other users on this system
could access it.

Darryl LeCount
www.jamyskis.net
darryl at jamyskis.net

PGP Key: 1E94A0F1
To confirm the authenticity of this mail, add this key to your PGP keyring.
Um den Ursprung dieses E-Mails zu bestätigen, bitte diesen Schüssel in Ihren PGP-Schlüsselbund einfügen.
Pour vérifier l'authenticité de ce courriel, ajoutez ce clé à votre porte-clés PGP.