Setting up a Treo as a modem? (WAS: Re: JPilot and Treo - not working)

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:22:25 UTC 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007 17:41:37 Scott Lockwood wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 13:36 -0300, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
> > If it works, forget about the visor module. Works fine for my TE2. Even
> > better, because now I can start the sync in any of the two ends (palm or
> > jpilot). With visor, I must start with the palm first, and if it doesn't
> > work, I've had to unload/reload the module. I think libusb is now the
> > preferred method.
> >

> Does this work to create a device that can be used as a modem with the
> Treo? Do you have any experience setting that up?

Don't know, but don't think so. AFAIK the visor module is responsible for
assigning the physical device to a device file, although is dbus that
auto-creates the file. You can try creating the ttyUSB device(s) you need in
the same script you might use for connecting the palm to the PC.

regards
FF
--
- Porque quebra a linha de leitura.
- Por que não é bom escrever o reply em cima do email?