google desktop out for linux?

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Fri Jun 29 13:02:05 UTC 2007

Liam Proven wrote:
> On 28/06/07, Albert Charron <albert at albertcharron.name> wrote:
>

>> It has almost the same features
>> as Google Desktop for Windows.
>>

> No it bally well doesn't. It has no sidebar, which is the main thing I
> wanted - GNOME's widgets are very poor quality and fairly useless.
>
> I'm running it. The DEB installed fine on Feisty, no dependencies.
> I've not tried it yet - I guess the indices should be built by now...

Well... for me, the sidebar isn't activated even on Windows... I find
this completely useless and a huge resource eater... For me, the main
feature of this application is the search and the indexation of the
documents...

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 164158, 279022, 323762