google desktop out for linux?

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Thu Jun 28 17:10:40 UTC 2007

Rick wrote:
> has anyone try this? good or bad,
> better than what we have now ? (beagle)
>

> Thanks -
> Richard

Can't say if it's better or worst than beagle because I didn't know
about beagle, but I installed Google Desktop (under Feisty) and it's
currently indexing my files and e-mail.  It has almost the same features
as Google Desktop for Windows.

Seems to work fine.  By default, It indexes man files, files under you
home directory and your e-mails (when your mail client is openned).

I installed by using the repository, as explained on Google Desktop for
Linux web page.

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 164158, 279022, 323762