Install Ubunutu on top of CentOS 4.5? Upgrade...

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 15:48:03 UTC 2007

	Yeah I know doing this is kind of nuts, and what the better ways are...
	But it would be nice to preserve the user info & such. Obviously  I
would need to make sure the number for the Ubuntu user matches that of
the CentOS user. Problem is, the CentOS user is 500, and Ubuntu starts
at 1000...
	I wonder if it's possible to just change the CentOS user number to 1000
before the upgrade? Hmmm... Let me try creating a Ubuntu user at 500...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,