Clone a hard drive?

Serg B. sergicles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 15:27:39 UTC 2007

I haven't used Mondo but from reading about it (just now) it does seem
like a very useful app. Going to try it out when I get a chance.

In regards to Partimage - I found it to be really slow over my
network, taking an image of a ~10GB drive. My experience... (although
it could have been the switch)

On 29/06/07, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/06/07, Serg B. <sergicles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I found that all Linux disk cloning tools are really slow since most
> > (if not all of them)  use dd as the backend that does a bit for bit
> > copy including empty space. This is quite slow over network, not to
> > mention hard to restore.
> >
> > Not a *NIX world solution, however you may want to have a look at Ghost server.
> >

> Mondo does not do block level copies (dd)  nor does the partimage tool
> mentioned earlier.
>
> Brian

Serg