amarok in ubuntu (with keyboard multimedia buttons)

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:56:15 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:

> > Depends on what you call a distribution. The base system is the same, but both
> > Gnome and KDE are not just WMs, but whole desktop environments, even with
> > different infrastructure.
>
> I understand all that.  I'm wondering whether you have installed GNOME
> and KDE on separate partitions.

Sorry for being over-explanatory - I guess some people are born to be teachers.

No, I don't have them on different partitions, I have both on the same
one, with all the menu-cluttering that's involved. I still haven't
decided which I like best. I like both, but hate each on the same
time. For now I've settled with G, with some K apps (kontact, amarok
and k3b), since they have no competition in G-world. But now I'm
risking troll-wars.

Thanks for your attention. This issue is solved by the amarok-script I
mentioned in parallel. I still need help with the other thread of the
wireless mouse, though... ;-)

regards
FF