mailscann and japanese filename on attachement

Aram Yegenian aramyegenian at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 08:55:49 UTC 2007

as the warning states, this vulnerability only affects
outlook express. so i would think that lotus notes
isn't affected by this kind of attack.

btw, there are other rules that you have to keep an
eye on. for instance there is a rule that says "Deny
all other double file extensions. This catches any
hidden filenames." this denies filenames like
hello.world.doc  i had a problem with that, because
some users insisted on sending these files and it kept
being quarantined. so keep an eye on the postmaster
mailbox, or whatever mailbox you configured that would
get these alerts, and change accordingly if needed.

regards,
aram yegenian

--- Tomoki Taniguchi <tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com>