NEW GUY

Dick Dowdell dick.dowdell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 02:54:36 UTC 2007

Stephen,

Are you new to Linux or just to Ubuntu?  One doesn't normally refer to an
operating system as a "program".

Did you install the desktop or the server edition of Ubuntu?  If you
installed the server edition, you won't have a "desktop" and you'll need to
learn how to use commands.  If you successfully installed the desktop
version, the next thing you'd usually see after entering your id and
password would be the graphical desktop.

Regards,
Dick Dowdell

On 6/27/07, Stephen Miraglia <mrtoyota2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> *Hello there, I'am very new to the game. I downloaded UBUNTU 7.04.*
> **
> *I have two webservers that I'am trying to get a good OS. I installed the
> first server with the program and having trouble. After I put my user name
> and password it's asking for a command. I tried sudo but that dosn't work.
> So if anybody could help me and tell me what command I should use to get
> into the system or i should say my desktop. I been going nuts for two days
> now and still can't get in. So please help me. *
> **
> *                                           Thanks Steve *

Regards,
Dick Dowdell
508-498-7919