Kubuntu 7.04 and Oo2.2

vxburg-pur at yahoo.com vxburg-pur at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 18:33:10 UTC 2007

I encountered the same problem with OO on my windows system. It turned out to be that the print driver was corrupted. Since most word processors, etc. format the file to match the printer (default) when that printer driver is corrupted they crash. I sent this info to the OO folks. I hope they can recode the product to be more tolerant when a printer is not there or is corrupted.

The solution is to reinstall your printer.
Vic

jack <jdangler at terremark.com> wrote: I know that I posted something on this before and didn't get it
resolved, but I've just loaded my laptop with Kubuntu 7.04 and Oo2.2 ,
and it's happening again.  I open a .doc file, and Oo immediately
crashes, then tells me that it will recover the file.  When I select the
file to recover, it just repeats the process, and cannot open ANY .doc
files.  This is strange because I sent a .doc file I was working with to
NoOp, and he was able to successfully open the file, but I never could.

Between evo crashing randomly, and Oo2.2 being rendered useless for
opening doc files, I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't jinxed all of my
installations of Kubuntu (it's the first time I've used KDE as opposed
to gnome, and the first time I've seen these problems)...

Any input is appreciated, as always