Keeping Fonts Separate

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Jun 26 18:32:55 UTC 2007

On 2007/06/26 13:16 (GMT-0500) Wade Smart apparently typed:

> Im working on a project that requires me to use some special fonts. I
> need access to these fonts in programs like Bluefish, OO Writer, and
> even my email. I would like not to dump these into my normal font
> folder. Can I put a folder inside the .font folder or can I have more
> than one  fonts folder?

Most modern apps use whatever fonts are installed systemwide, plus whatever fonts might happen to be in $USER's ~/.fonts, but the latter are only accessible to apps when run by $USER.
--
"Respect everyone."	I Peter 2:17 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409