about anti-spam for enterprise

Carsten Aulbert (list) carsten at welcomes-you.com
Tue Jun 26 08:24:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Now I think that setting up a software environment could work as weel as a
> commercial appliance, but I'd like to know if it get too much time to
> configure it to reach good results.
> Since I've not experience on this, I'd like to know your opinion about how to
> start.

Currently I'm using spamassassin with regular updates and ham/spam
learning enabled for every user. So far it works fine, but it's not a
real corporate environment but only for ~ 10-15 users.

If you need a real workhorse which can process a few 10k emails a day,
you might want to consider splitting the set-up into several servers.
One handling incoming email, one handling spamassassin/black lists and
the like and one for handling local stuff and keeping the inboxes.

--
HTH & Greetings

Carsten